The Body Shop – Behind the Scenes
08 December 2015
– bespoke window campaign for the Westfield White City store
– tasked to design, create and install an 8m high advent calendar
– advent calendar features 24 individually lit panels for each day leading up to Christmas
The new scheme in The Body Shop at Westfield White City is one of our most adventurous to date. The Harlequin Design and Body Shop collaboration is a magnificent 8 metre high advent calendar covering the inside face of the store.
The main face of the unit took around 3 weeks to build and is made from a mounted timber and plywood clad Aluminium structure, consisting of 24 individually lit days. These are individually vinyl backed and surrounded by neon LED tubes which illuminate in order all the way up to 24th December. At the centre of this structure are 9; 4k LED 48″ Screens, joined to show one image. These loop a video for each day of the month inviting customers to come in store and take part in the interactive side of the scheme.
– production and pre-assembly of advent calendar spanning 3 weeks
– installation carried out by a dedicated team over the course of 3 nights
– campaign coupled with an interactive console made by Mr President
The window itself took a dedicated team 3 nights to install and is fixed directly into the walls and ceiling above the entrance to the store.
In the left window of the store is an interactive console made by Mr President, once a customer has entered their name and email address they will be entered into a competition to win one of a selection of seasonal prizes. The machine will print out a postcard which they take to the till for redemption. The prizes range from stocking fillers, to boxed gift sets, all the way up to grand prizes including Tea for Two at the Ritz. The competition will be running up to 24th December with a guaranteed prize for every entry.